Are you dealing with digital TV tuner device registration application error on your Windows PC or Laptops ? and if you have noticed that your PC is slowing down. Then its most probably this error. If you run any security cleaner or open Windows task manager, you can easily detect this issue.
If you are continuously facing this device registration application, then you came to the right place. Here in this post, 3 tested methods have been explained. With these fixes, you can promptly disable the digital TV tuner device registration application.
But before that, it’s important to know what is this digital TV tuner application?
What Is The Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
Basically, the digital TV tuner application is a part of the Windows Media Center. This app makes it possible for your PC to receive and display a digital signal. It helps us to watch digital cable channels on our computers.
If you want to know whether your device has a digital TV Tuner Device, just look at the device label. If Integrated Digital Tuner, Digital Tuner, or Digital Receiver is written on it, then your system has a TV Tuner in it.
Why It’s Important To Turn Off This Application?
The digital TV tuner is also known as the ehprivjob.exe process. Its a non-system process resulting from software that’s installed into your system. If you run any Installed software, it stores its data on the system registry. When these apps create invalid entries on your system, then PC performance gets slower.
In other words, when you run Windows Media Center, the digital TV Tuner Device registration application process also runs. It’s a autostart process. To check, if your PC encountered a TV tuner app, you can open Task Manager and see it with your eyes.
Most of the cases this process is not CPU intensive. But there are certain cases where this registration application literally slows down PC performance. As the question on Quora says;
Digital TV Tuner device registration application, it’s slowing down my laptop by 72%. I tried to uninstall Windows Media Center via the Control Panel, but I could not find it there. Is there any way to safely remove it or fix this issue?
Especially if you run multiple processes then digital TV tuner device applications can become a serious threat. That’s where its important to stop the digital TV tuner device registration application. We have provided here 3 quick fixes, so you can resolve this issue properly.
How To Fix Digital TV Tuner Application?
1. Turn It Off Using Built in Windows features
The first attempt you might want to make is, by turning off Windows features. This method includes some steps:
- Press Windows Key to open Control Panel. You can also click on the Start button then typing Control Panel.
- Alternatively, you can also open the control panel from the Run dialog box. For that press Windows key + R at the same time. Then type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Once Control Panel Windows appears, look for Programs and Features and click it.
- Click the Turn Windows feature on or off option.
- Scroll down and look for Media Features then click the + sign to expand it.
- Look for Windows Media Center then uncheck the box right next to it.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
- Restart your computer afterward.
2. Use Resource Monitor To Stop This Error
If the first method didn’t work for you, then try this fix. You can stop any process from running on your computer (especially Digital TV Tuner). Just follow these steps:
- Press and hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Alternatively, you can press the Windows key + R to Run dialog box. Then type resmon and press Enter.
- Click to the Performance tab inside Task Manager and click the Open Resource Monitor located at the bottom.
- What you need to do is to take a look at the CPU, Memory, and Disk sections.
- In these sections look for the ehprivjob.exe process and stop it.
- Once you find it, simply right-click on it then choose End Process.
- Here you can also stop other processes if you think these are eating your memory.
3. Uninstall Digital TV Tuner Registration Application (100% Works)
If none of the above fixes worked for you, then you got only one way. You need to uninstall TV Tuner from PC. This way the problem of Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application will go away for good. With this fix, you can also delete any registry entries on your computer. For that:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features inside the control panel.
- On the list of installed programs, look for your digital TV tuner and click it.
- On the upper portion of the window, click Uninstall.
- Simply follow the uninstallation wizard and wait for the process to complete.
- After that, go to your Registry Editor by holding Windows key + R then. Then type Regedit in the Run dialog box.
- In the Registry Editor window, navigate to this address (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftware) and look for the folder containing your digital TV tuner then delete it.
- After that, navigate to this address and delete any entries (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrent VersionRuneg ui)
- Once you’re done, restart your PC.
Do I Need Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application?
This app is required to watch and record premium digital cable channels from your cable provider. It’s a scheduled task that runs each time you open Windows Media Center.
Without this app, you cannot use your PC as a TV. This little hardware cum software helps your PC to receive cable signals and then display images. However, sometimes Digital Tuner Device error becomes annoying by slowing your PC.
That’s where you can easily fix the digital TV tuner device. The methods explained in this post will help you a lot.