Are you seeing System Thread Exception Not Handled stop code error on Windows 8 or Windows 10. Well on these two OS Windows blue screen error is very common.
The system_thread_exception_not_handled lvrs64.sys usually occurs at start up or when you are doing your random work. Anyhow this stop code system thread exception not handled is very unpredictable.
Here in this post the most easy fixes are explained to solve system thread exception not handled in Windows 10 and 8. Try these stop code blue screen error fixes and you will never see this problem again.
Why System Thread Exception Not Handled Appears on Windows PC
Mostly Windows stop code error occurs when users upgrade Windows with incompatible hardware. As compare to Windows 10 & 8 users, Windows 7 users doesn’t face this issue. The hardware incompatibility isn’t the only cause of system thread exception not handled (igdkmd64.sys).
The outdated graphics card, damaged hard drives, corrupted drivers, BIOS corruptions, corrupted Windows system files or missing Windows registry entries are causes as well.
Luckily, here we have best solution to fix thread exception not handled.
How To Fix System Thread Exception Not Handled Error In Windows 10
Fix 1- Update Driver That Might Cause Problem
In order to fix system_thread_exception_not_handled igdkmd64.sys windows 10, you need to start from basics. First you need to fix faulty driver especially faulty graphics card drivers.
If you see igdkmd64.sys along with stop code: system thread exception not handled. It means there is a issue in Intel Graphics Kernel Mode driver. This faulty drivers conflicts with other drivers and programs. That why you need to reboot you PC and fix it.
You can also use Event Viewer to identify other drivers that are causing system thread exception not handled. To run this built in Windows utility.
- Press Windows + R and type cmd, then press enter.
- Command prompt will open, here type eventvwr and press enter.
- Expand Windows Logs, then click System.
- Click the Source tab. You can now see what driver exactly is causing the System Thread Exception Not Handled error.
Now you have identified the driver that causes the problem, go ahead and update driver. On the other hand you can also download best drivers updater and let them do the work for you.
What To Do If You Are Unable To Access To Windows OS?
If you are unable to run Windows OS or you are stuck in restart loop then you need to run your PC in a safe mode. Once you are in safe mode check which drivers is threat, identify it and uninstall it.
There are two way to run your PC in a safe mode. One is safe mode and other is safe mode with command prompt. If you opt to the second one then you can apply same steps mentioned above to identify faulty Win 10 drivers. On the other hand in a simple “safe mode” you can manually uninstall drivers only if you are certain.
- To run your PC in safe mode restart your PC, at the same time press Shift key and then press F8 key.
- You will see Windows “Blue Recovery Screen” here click on “See Advance repair Option“
- Now Click on either “Safe Mode” or “Safe mode With Command Prompt” option.
Now run event viewer and follow the steps explained above.
Fix 2- Update BIOS if Needed
The incompatibility or memory conflict of basic input output system namely BIOS is another cause of system thread exception not handled. You need to update your BIOS but this process requires some prior knowledge.
You can go to manufacturer site and download latest BIOS update. But before that you must know what company’s motherboard you have and what’s the model number.
Hopefully, the command prompt has the ability to show you necessary details about motherboard. To run it,
- Press Windows + R key and type cmd, hit enter.
- Run command prompt as an administrator.
- Type this command line wmic baseboard get manufacturer, product. Now you will get your motherboard manufacturer and model number.
Now head toward manufacturer’s site and download BIOS file which is usually in .zip or .exe format. Follow the installation instruction of manufacturer and you will get rid of system thread exception not handled windows 10.
Fix 3- Check Your Hardware Incompatibility
As already mentioned, if you have don Windows upgrade from 7 to 10 then you will see system thread exception not handled windows 10 quite often. It’s because Windows 7 specification are bit lower then the Win 10. When you install more advance OS on a old PC it will crash.
To see if you PC hardware are sufficient to run Windows 10 or 8 go to Microsoft store and compare it.
Fix 4 – Disabling Hardware Acceleration in Browser and Flash
This is the last fix of system thread exception not handled windows 10 error. Apply these steps steps when blue screen error is happening more frequently. Each browser has different settings so,
To Disable Hardware Acceleration in Chrome follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Type in
chrome://flagsin address bar and Enter.
- Scroll down and navigate yourself to “GPU composting on all pages“.
- Select “Disabled” from the drop down. It would be “Default” by default.
- Click Relaunch Now. Chrome will close and restart.
To Disable Hardware Acceleration in Mozilla Firefox follow these steps:
- Open Mozilla Firefox
- Type in
about:preferences#advancedin address bar.
- UN check “Use hardware acceleration when available“.
- Close and Restart Firefox.
To Disable Hardware Acceleration in Internet Explorer follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click Tools > Internet Options
- Select “Advanced” and under “Accelerated graphics“, check box “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering“.
- Apply and OK.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
If you apply these fixes you should be able to fix windows 10 system thread exception not handled stop code error. Feel free to comment if you have any suggestion or idea, we’re all ears.